wpContent is a site dedicated to telling the public about some of the latest WordPress Themes, Plugins and Add-ons. We review different items, based on their unique functionality, design, ease-of-use, and other factors. We also write about the latest news in the web design/development world.
Our website name
When creating a WordPress site, the files, images, videos and audio that we upload gets stored in a folder on your web server. This folder is called ‘wp-content’. We decided to use this as the name for our website, because depending on how you interpret it, it could mean one of two things.
- The ‘wp-content’ folder on your web server.
- WordPress (relating to the CMS) and, Content (relating to something that is to be expressed through some medium, as speech, writing, or any of various arts).
Here are some key events for wpContent:
- June 8th 2013 – Website designed and developed.
- June 10th 2013 – Private beta invitations sent out.
- June 14th 2013 – Hired our first single post author.
- June 15th 2013 – Website launches in public beta.
- June 29th 2013 – Website is no longer beta, and is fully launched.
- August 7th 2013 – Hired our first long term author.
- January 24th 2014 – Site redesign work begun. Expected to be finished in February 2014.
- February 9th 2014 – New site design released to the public.
- April 8th 2014 – Migrated all authors over to Trello.
Here at wpContent, we encourage our readers to come forward and speak to us, about our website, and any feedback which readers have. We love receiving suggestions about how we can improve our site. You can contact us, via our online form.
If you’d like to write an article for us, please visit our Write For Us page.
If you want to ask us a quick question, then you can use our social networking pages to do so.